Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

X Japan - "Born to be Free"

Share

This was a video I worked on back in July and wasn't sure what had come of it, but recently found this video with some behind-the-scenes. Here are some snippets from the scout and shoot day:


Not only was it an amazing chance to work with rocker and international star Yoshiki, but I also got to meet comics legend and personal hero of mine, Stan Lee! He had a cameo playing the part of the Devil in the video.

He recently attached his name to a fun event which I've been attending, now dubbed "Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo" in L.A. As an exhibitor in Artist Alley last year, I didn't get too many chances to see his talks or appearances, but did enjoy a terrific time there.

Afterwards, I sent him some of my comics (a medium I came to appreciate through many of his Marvel creations) and was astonished to receive a letter in return. Truly, I was humbled and honored that "The Man" would personally take the time to connect with a fan.
(Now framed for posterity)

Select storyboards:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Chris!

These are so cool! I'm an animator and an X fan so I love seeing these storyboards and BTS. If the PV is ever released I would love to see an animatic or all the pages together someday.